1. The U.S. Department of the Treasury poisoned alcohol during Prohibition - and people died.
2. The U.S. Public Health Service lied about treating black men with syphilis for more than 40 years.
3. More than 100 million Americans received a polio vaccine contaminated with a potentially cancer-causing virus.
4. Parts of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which led to U.S. intervention in Vietnam, never happened.
5. Military leaders reportedly planned terrorist attacks in the U.S. to drum up support for a war against Cuba.
6. The government tested the effects of LSD on unwitting U.S. and Canadian citizens.
7. In 1974, the CIA secretly resurfaced a sunken Soviet submarine with three nuclear-armed ballistic missiles.
8. The U.S. government sold weapons to Iran, violating an embargo, and used the money to support Nicaraguan militants.
9. A public relations firm organized congressional testimony that propelled U.S. involvement in the Persian Gulf War.
Number 8 leaves out the “selling crack to the inner cities to buy weapons to sell to Iran and using the crack epidemic to push through draconian, racist drug laws” part
okay so once i was in taksim just to have some beers but there was a protest and i got tear gassed (not fun)
today there was a women’s day march, so i went thinking ‘it’s not anti-government, it’s just a march’
they fucking used tear gas on the peaceful women’s day march